Sunday, August 28, 2005

not much

N might be down with malaria. Help! Girish has asked for a blood test before making further decisions.

The July floods continue to hog the conversation. Yesterday at Girish and Rekha’s we talked a lot about our unpreparedness in general. How most of are so little able to cope with disasters and know almost nothing about our cars. The four management students from S.P. Jain college who died in their car, because most probably it didn’t occur to them to find a way to smash the window pane and to get out while the going was good.

Girish is a great doctor. When he meets me professionally he tells me I should lose weight because it is not good for my legs, but when we meet as friends he constantly plies me with food and drink. Fried fish, chicken curry, and loads of beer. It’s like “Eat, eat. What?! Don’t you want any more?!” Well, I am not objecting to any of that!

No comments: